18 Mar 2018
- Now available in the Middle East, the all-new Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody completes the strongest Dodge muscle car lineup in history.
- 6.2-litre supercharged HEMI® V8 with 707 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. torque.
- Wider, more menacing stance, unique even more aggressive design and styling cues plus improved lap times, lateral grip, acceleration and braking, compared with the already ferocious performance numbers of the Hellcat.
- Quarter-mile elapsed time (ET) has been improved by approximately 0.3 sec (10.9 ET on the Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody -v- 11.2 ET on the standard Challenger SRT Hellcat).
The success of the Dodge range across the Middle East continues, thanks in particular to the enduring popularity of the Charger and Challenger models, whose appeal continues to attract new buyers to the brand. In response to customer demand, more variants and special editions of these legendary muscle cars are being made available in the region.
The latest of these, the all-new 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody - now available in Dodge showrooms across the Middle East - completes the brand's strongest Dodge muscle car lineup ever.
The Dodge engineering and design teams, put a lot of effort into making the new SRT Demon the world's fastest quarter-mile production car, and have leveraged that know-how in creating the Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody, which offers improved performance on the street along with a bolder, more aggressive new look.
The Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody model features the same fender flares first shown on the SRT Demon. These wider fender flares add 3.5 inches (89 mm) to the SRT Hellcat's overall width, covering the 20 x 11-inch "Devil's Rim" split-five spoke aluminium wheels, which ride on wider 305/35ZR20 Pirelli P-Zero tyres.
An electric power steering (EPS) system with SRT Drive Modes adds selectable steering tuning for the first time on a Hellcat model. In addition to its wider, more menacing stance, the Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody delivers improved lap times, lateral grip, acceleration and braking, compared with the already ferocious performance numbers of the Hellcat. Quarter-mile elapsed time (ET) has been improved by approximately 0.3 sec (10.9 ET on the Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody -v- 11.2 ET on the standard Challenger SRT Hellcat).
With the Widebody fender flares that add 3.5 inches (89 mm) to the overall width of the Challenger Hellcat, the Widebody model joins the Challenger SRT Demon as the widest Challengers ever. The flares are expertly integrated into the body design with concealed attachments to amplify the Challenger SRT Hellcat's menacing stance, while making room for the 20 x 11-inch "Devil's Rim" split-five spoke aluminium wheels that ride on 305/35ZR20 Pirelli tyres for improved performance while filling the wheel wells for a stronger planted appearance. The front side marker lights are styled to flow with the shape of the fender flares.
The Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody features numerous exterior styling cues that Dodge and SRT owners expect, including:
- Power-bulge aluminium hood with centre intake and dual heat extractors
- Exclusive illuminated Air-Catcher headlamps that feed air directly into the air box and engine bay through the centre of the parking lamps
- Quad projector headlamps that give a unique detailed appearance, while the aggressive brow "chops" the upper portion of the lamp design exudes a sinister look
- Front splitter (shared with Demon) and rear spoiler (from Hellcat) deliver responsive and balanced handling at high speed
- Hellcat-exclusive grille and fender badges, along with raised SRT Hellcat badge on the rear spoiler
- Standard Brembo brake system includes two-piece 15.4-inch (391.2 mm) rotors and six-piston front calipers provide outstanding heat management/thermal capacity and longevity
The Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody is powered by the 6.2-litre supercharged HEMI® V8 with 707 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. torque, paired to either the Tremec six-speed manual or TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission.
A full line up of the latest Dodge vehicles is available across the Middle East, from the entry level Neon sedan to the latest all-new Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody and Durango SRT models.