09 Jan 2018
New advertising campaign for the Fiat 500 Mirror family goes on air
• Campaign features Steven, a technology ‘expert’, who uses amusing examples to show off the functions, enabling drivers to ‘mirror’ their smartphone on the on-board display. • Mirror special series is identified by the blue liveries that reference the world of technology and connectivity.
- Campaign features Steven, a technology 'expert', who uses amusing examples to show off the functions, enabling drivers to 'mirror' their smartphone on the on-board display.
- The new 500X Mirror, 500L Mirror and 500 Mirror are identified by the blue liveries that reference the world of technology and connectivity.
- Mirror special series offer the UconnectTM 7" HD LIVE touchscreen system, which is Apple CarPlay TM ready and compatible with Android AutoTM.
- The entire Fiat 500 Mirror family is now available with the innovative Mopar® Connect features, with a wide array of vehicle remote assistance services and control functions.
Today sees the start of the new advertising campaign for the 500 Mirror family. In the wake of the success of the 500 Mirror launched last April, the range dedicated to the UconnectTM LINK technology - i.e. Apple CarPlayTM -ready and Android AutoTM-compatible - is being extended to other two new models from the 500 family to bring all the advantages of connected and safe driving to an even wider public. The three special series models in the Mirror line-up are characterised by their cool blue liveries which hint to the world of technology and connectivity also in the look.
The underlying theme of the new advertising campaign is the concept that smart choices make life simpler by saving precious time and energy. And the new 500 Mirror family is one of these choices. Not a mere extension of the smartphone, the new technology marks a major step forward in the field of in-car connectivity.
Produced by creative agency Leo Burnett with media planning by Starcom across TV, digital media, radio and print, the new advertising strategy is international in scope and provides an ironic illustration of the potential of the UconnectTM 7" HD LIVE touchscreen system, which is Apple CarPlay TM ready and compatible with Android AutoTM. Furthermore, the innovative Mopar® Connect features, which combines remote assistance services and control functions to guarantee peace of mind on the road, with constant control from a smartphone, is appearing for the first time on a Fiat model.
The stars of the new advertising campaign are the 500X Mirror, 500L Mirror and 500 Mirror special series - each with its own distinctive stylistic features and packed with equipment - together with the friendly and appealing Steven, a technology 'expert' who explains all these technological innovations through amusing storytelling and "unusual" tutorials specifically conceived for the web and published on the Fiat social media platforms. Viewers will find out how easy it is to 'mirror' the environment of their smartphone on the on-board display, so they can keep their hands on the wheel to the advantage of connected and safe driving. What's more, on the new Mirror special series in the 500 family, customers also enjoy the benefits of Mopar® Connect, an array of additional services they can manage using the Uconnect LIVE app.
For example, Steven explains, in his own idiosyncratic way, that there is no need to keep hitting your smartphone on the car window to open the door: it only takes a click on the specific app to use the remote door lock/unlock function, and there you are! Similarly, also from remote, users can receive an alert when their car exceeds a preset speed limit (useful when Steven has to lend his 500X Mirror), or find out where their car is, when they have left it in a car park, for example, thanks to the 'Find My Car' geolocation service. Also from their smartphone, they can be notified when the car exits a zone previously defined on a map. And there's more: by means of the 'My:Car' function, they can display information about their car's condition (fuel level, battery level and tyre pressure), while the 'Reminder' service reminds them, also using a smartphone alert, not to leave anything behind once they have got out of the car.
As our charming expert Steven explains, the 500 Mirror family features are really the smartest way to use your smartphone in your car.
Turin, 9 January 2018